Just look at this sweet face. We love our boy so much! He has been asking a lot more questions about his new sister this week. He usually doesn't like to talk about it very much (it's taking too long for her to be here in his opinion...we couldn't agree more, buddy!). But God's timing is perfect and we wait on Him. Yet, this week, Isaiah's heart is tender towards our little one. He has been praying for her several times a day. His honest and raw emotion are so special to witness. The other day, he was wondering if his sister feels lonely like he does sometimes. I could hardly contain my tears. On Sunday, driving home from our Life Group, he said,
"Mommy, what do the grown-ups talk about during life group?"
"Well, we read the Bible and/or a book and talk about God and how he wants us to live. We also pray with and for each other."
"Do you talk about adoption?"
"Sometimes we do. We pray for your sister almost every time we meet together. Why do you ask?"
"Because sometimes I think it's taking too long and sometimes I want it to take longer."
"Why's that?"
"Because I want her to come...just not right now. I'm not quite ready."
(meanwhile, I'm amazing that these profound, clear feelings are being expressed by our 5 year old!)
"I understand, buddy. It's OK to feel that way. God will make us all ready when the time is right. We don't have to be ready today."
"That's good. I'm hungry, can we get ice cream?:)"
Dear Jesus, how often I feel exactly that way. I'm so eager to be adopting and so anxious to see our daughter's face and to hold her and bring her home and begin life with her. Yet, in some ways we aren't quite ready and I feel you working in us and preparing us...preparing a family for your precious little girl. Lord Jesus, you are the God of the universe and knit each of us together in our mother's wombs....I truly KNOW that YOU are IN this time of waiting. Prepare us Lord. Prepare us all and make us ready. Make our hearts tender and full of compassion and love for your precious child. Work in each of our hearts and do the work within us that only you can do. Make us ALL ready for each other, Lord. We put our trust in you. You alone know the cry of our hearts.
Amen.
Amen, my sister in Christ... and my sister in this journey. A hearty AMEN.
ReplyDeleteThank you dear friend. I'm thankful every day to have a sister in this journey.
ReplyDelete